The Curated Pantry
Traditional Swizzle Stick aka le Bois Lélé from Martinique
- Add an authentic Caribbean touch to your home bar with this traditional swizzle stick (le bois lélé) sourced exclusively for The Curated Pantry from Martinique. Makes a perfect gift for craft cocktail enthusiasts and tiki lovers alike!
- Made from the Quaraibea Turbinate tree (aka swizzle stick tree), each stick is hand harvested, cured and whittled in the Caribbean island of Martinique.
- SWIZZLE STICKS ONLY WORK IN DRINKS MADE WITH CRUSHED, FINELY CRACKED OR SHAVED ICE. Please do not use in drinks with cubed ice. Size and thickness will vary since this is a natural, handmade item.
- SWIZZLES are sour style cocktails with a similar composition to a punch that distinctively must be churned with a swizzle stick. Swizzle drinks tend to be rum-based due to originating from the Caribbean, but the name defines the mixing method rather than the ingredients.
- TO USE: Pour your ingredients into the glass in which you will be serving the drink and fill halfway with crushed ice. Immerse the swizzle stick into the drink, hold the shaft in between both palms of your hands and rotate the stick rapidly by sliding your hands back and forth. Top with more crushed ice and swizzle some more. This will produce a super cold slurry that frosts the outside of the glass, perfect for sizzling hot days!