Wildfish Cannery Smoked Alaskan Herring 6 Ounces
- Herring sourced from the pure, remote waters of Western Alaska where the fishery is managed for sustainability and provides economic support for residents of the remote village of Togiak, Alaska (pop. 857)
- Smoked herring delivers robust, savory flavor with a rich dose of umami and smoke
- Harvest: Purse-Seine, Gillnet
- Ingredients: Herring, Salt, Pure Cane Sugar, Spices, Natural Alderwood Smoke
- Harvested, smoked and hand-packed in Alaska
Smoked herring delivers a robust, savory flavor with a rich dose of umami and smoke. Herring is a smaller fish, and after smoking over Alder chips, the skin turns slightly crisp, and the flesh transforms into a rich mahogany brown. The result is a tin of tempting bite-sized morsels that look beautiful out of the tin or in a pasta dish.