Home / Collections / Salt / La Boite Mini Spices Set. Includes 1oz each of N.1, N.33, N.38, N.35 and N.21 (5 items)
La Boite Mini Spices Set. Includes 1oz each of N.1, N.33, N.38, N.35 and N.21 (5 items)
- Includes five, 1-ounce jars of some of La Boite’s famous blends. Isphahan N.1, Mishmish N.33, Shabazi N.38, Ararat N.35, Moruno N.21. Makes a fabulous gift for the avid home cook and a great introduction to Loir Lev Sercarz’s spice blending mastery.
- La Boite’s custom blends uses the finest quality spices sourced from all over the world. Each is a reflection of a place, a moment, or a cultural influence that can recreate familiar flavors or impart new sensations to savory dishes, unique cocktails, or creative desserts.
- ISPHAHAN: A musky, smoky, sour, and bitter Persian-inspired blend with a citrus aroma that enhances soups, stews, rice, broths, and pickles. MISHMISH: Crystallized honey is added for sweetness, add it to yogurt for breakfast, sprinkle it over fresh fruit, or use it to rim a margarita glass.
- SHABAZIi: Capturing the essence of zhoug, a spicy paste made with cilantro, green chiles, and lemon juice that is the classic Yemenite hot sauce, Shabazi N.38 transforms a labor-intensive condiment into a simple powder, easy to sprinkle into pasta sauce, on scrambled eggs, or on mojitos. ARARAT: Blending fenugreek leaves and seeds with pimentón and chocolatey Urfa chile, mimics the smokiness of bastirma. Use to elevate fish, chicken, or even a Bloody Mary.
- MORUNO: In the traditional pintxo moruno, a mix of cumin and saffron is used to flavor meats, fish and sausages, but when this blend is added to grilled vegetables, it carries a similar flavor profile. Wedges of fennel sprinkled and braised with Moruno N.21 is particularly good.